64 Lesser Flamingos found killed near Rajkot
Ahmedabad: As many as 64 Lesser Flamingos smallest among Flamingos -- have been found killed, allegedly by poachers, in a wetland in Maliya-Miyana taluka of Rajkot district.
The massacre occurred at a wetland near Venasar village, about 100 km from Rajkot city, where severed heads and feathers of these migratory birds were found, forest officials said today.
The birds must have been killed about 7-10 days back, they added. It was suspected to be poachers` handiwork. A team of forensic science experts visited the site and collected samples of the dead birds, for ascertaining the
cause of death.
Large number of Lesser Flamingos have come to the wetland near Rajkot this year.
On December 1 last year, 139 Greater Flamingos were found electrocuted in the Khadir region in the Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary after hitting high-tension electricity transmission cables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch