65 world leaders for UN climate summit: Denmark
Copenhagen: A Danish official says 65 world
leaders so far will attend the Copenhagen climate summit in
December and several more have responded positively to
The official says those coming include the heads of state
or government of Australia, Brazil, France, Germany,
Indonesia, Japan, Spain and the United Kingdom. He spoke on
condition of anonymity because he is not an official
Denmark last week sent out formal invitations to world
leaders in 191 countries to attend the Dec 7-18 UN climate
summit in Copenhagen.
The conference aims to reach an accord on curbing
emissions of greenhouse gases, which are blamed for global
warming. The new treaty would replace the 1997 Kyoto Protocol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH