900 dead pigs found in Shanghai river
Shanghai: Over 900 dead pigs were retrieved from Shanghai`s Huangpu river Saturday after a large number of bodies were found floating in the water, authorities said.
These pigs were spotted in the Songjiang section, the upstream of the Huangpu river and a drinking water source for Shanghai residents, reported Xinhua citing the city`s water supplies bureau.
But it did not effect the water quality, said the bureau. However, to ensure tap water safety, local environmental protection and water supplies authorities beefed up quality examination at the water intakes as well as the whole water disinfection process.
The Shanghai Agriculture Committee have carried out bio-safety treatment on the retrieved dead pigs. It is investigating where the dead pigs may have come from.
The committee said so far it has not received reports of animal epidemic outbreaks in the city.
Authorities were still retrieving dead pigs to avoid water contamination till last report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi