900 dead pigs found in Shanghai river
Shanghai: Over 900 dead pigs were retrieved from Shanghai`s Huangpu river Saturday after a large number of bodies were found floating in the water, authorities said.
These pigs were spotted in the Songjiang section, the upstream of the Huangpu river and a drinking water source for Shanghai residents, reported Xinhua citing the city`s water supplies bureau.
But it did not effect the water quality, said the bureau. However, to ensure tap water safety, local environmental protection and water supplies authorities beefed up quality examination at the water intakes as well as the whole water disinfection process.
The Shanghai Agriculture Committee have carried out bio-safety treatment on the retrieved dead pigs. It is investigating where the dead pigs may have come from.
The committee said so far it has not received reports of animal epidemic outbreaks in the city.
Authorities were still retrieving dead pigs to avoid water contamination till last report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next