93 rhinos in Pabitora sanctuary
Guwahati: The Pabitora Wildlife Sanctuary in Assam recorded a rise in the number of the endangered one-horn rhinos during the past one year, forest department sources said today.
The count of the prized animal inside the park, which has the highest density of the animal within its 36 sq km area, rose to 93 against 87 recorded in the earlier census in
This census ended last week under the supervision of the Chief Conservator of Forest S P Singh.
Among the 93 rhinos were 25 calves, 25 adult males and 43 females.
Nine rhinos were translocated to the Manas Wildlife Sanctuary from Pabitora since January this year, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur