93 rhinos in Pabitora sanctuary
Guwahati: The Pabitora Wildlife Sanctuary in Assam recorded a rise in the number of the endangered one-horn rhinos during the past one year, forest department sources said today.
The count of the prized animal inside the park, which has the highest density of the animal within its 36 sq km area, rose to 93 against 87 recorded in the earlier census in
This census ended last week under the supervision of the Chief Conservator of Forest S P Singh.
Among the 93 rhinos were 25 calves, 25 adult males and 43 females.
Nine rhinos were translocated to the Manas Wildlife Sanctuary from Pabitora since January this year, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India