93 rhinos in Pabitora sanctuary
Guwahati: The Pabitora Wildlife Sanctuary in Assam recorded a rise in the number of the endangered one-horn rhinos during the past one year, forest department sources said today.
The count of the prized animal inside the park, which has the highest density of the animal within its 36 sq km area, rose to 93 against 87 recorded in the earlier census in
This census ended last week under the supervision of the Chief Conservator of Forest S P Singh.
Among the 93 rhinos were 25 calves, 25 adult males and 43 females.
Nine rhinos were translocated to the Manas Wildlife Sanctuary from Pabitora since January this year, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof