93 rhinos in Pabitora sanctuary
Guwahati: The Pabitora Wildlife Sanctuary in Assam recorded a rise in the number of the endangered one-horn rhinos during the past one year, forest department sources said today.
The count of the prized animal inside the park, which has the highest density of the animal within its 36 sq km area, rose to 93 against 87 recorded in the earlier census in
This census ended last week under the supervision of the Chief Conservator of Forest S P Singh.
Among the 93 rhinos were 25 calves, 25 adult males and 43 females.
Nine rhinos were translocated to the Manas Wildlife Sanctuary from Pabitora since January this year, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional