About 20 dead dolphins appear on Uruguay beach
Montevideo, Uruguay: An environmental group says about 20 dead Fraser`s dolphins have turned up on a beach in Uruguay.
Richard Tessore of SOS-Marine Life Rescue says it isn`t clear why the tropical dolphins died in the colder waters off South America`s southern Atlantic coast, but some experts theorize they became disoriented or were carried there by changing water currents.
Tessore said Tuesday that the dolphins appeared over the weekend on the Punta Negra beach in Piriapolis outside Montevideo.
He says that while it is not unprecedented to find Fraser`s dolphins in those waters, it is not common.
Fraser`s dolphins are found mainly in deep waters in the Pacific Ocean. They appear to a lesser extent in the Indian and Atlantic oceans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'