About 20 dead dolphins appear on Uruguay beach
Montevideo, Uruguay: An environmental group says about 20 dead Fraser`s dolphins have turned up on a beach in Uruguay.
Richard Tessore of SOS-Marine Life Rescue says it isn`t clear why the tropical dolphins died in the colder waters off South America`s southern Atlantic coast, but some experts theorize they became disoriented or were carried there by changing water currents.
Tessore said Tuesday that the dolphins appeared over the weekend on the Punta Negra beach in Piriapolis outside Montevideo.
He says that while it is not unprecedented to find Fraser`s dolphins in those waters, it is not common.
Fraser`s dolphins are found mainly in deep waters in the Pacific Ocean. They appear to a lesser extent in the Indian and Atlantic oceans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100