Abu Dhabi wins best quake management award
Abu Dhabi: The Abu Dhabi municipality has won the 14th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering (ECEE) Award in recognition of its outstanding work on quake management, it was announced Sunday.
The ECEE has termed as pioneering Abu Dhabi`s Earthquake Risks Control and Management System project. The award is given to outstanding projects in quake risks` management.
Yousef Al Marzooqi, director of the municipality`s Spatial Data, received the award in Skopje, capital of Macedonia.
The project aims to provide a disaster-free residential environment through new scientific methods of data analysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!