Abu Dhabi wins best quake management award
Abu Dhabi: The Abu Dhabi municipality has won the 14th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering (ECEE) Award in recognition of its outstanding work on quake management, it was announced Sunday.
The ECEE has termed as pioneering Abu Dhabi`s Earthquake Risks Control and Management System project. The award is given to outstanding projects in quake risks` management.
Yousef Al Marzooqi, director of the municipality`s Spatial Data, received the award in Skopje, capital of Macedonia.
The project aims to provide a disaster-free residential environment through new scientific methods of data analysis.
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord