Allahabad HC for constitution of tiger protection force
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of the death of tigers in Dudhwa Tiger Reserve in Lakhimpur district, the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court has directed strict implementation of its order of considering constitution of a special tiger protection force.
The bench of acting Chief Justice Amitav Lala and Justice Anil Kumar passed the order on a Public Interest Litigation last week.
The petitioner Satish Kumar Mishra has sought direction for stern action against poachers and forest mafias in connection with death of three tigers within four days at Dudhwa in June last.
The petitioner sought direction to constitute a special tiger protection force for the security of the big cats.
On June one, the court sought information from the Centre and the state government as well as director of Tiger Protection authority that why constitution of the force should not be considered.
The court fixed next date of hearing after three weeks along with a similar petition and in between directed to seek direction from the respondents in the wake of its June one order.
The court also took cognisance of the fact that though order was issued on June one, in between one more tiger had died therefore order to consider constitution of the special force should be implemented strictly and at the earliest otherwise action would be taken against authorities concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what