Allahabad HC for constitution of tiger protection force
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of the death of tigers in Dudhwa Tiger Reserve in Lakhimpur district, the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court has directed strict implementation of its order of considering constitution of a special tiger protection force.
The bench of acting Chief Justice Amitav Lala and Justice Anil Kumar passed the order on a Public Interest Litigation last week.
The petitioner Satish Kumar Mishra has sought direction for stern action against poachers and forest mafias in connection with death of three tigers within four days at Dudhwa in June last.
The petitioner sought direction to constitute a special tiger protection force for the security of the big cats.
On June one, the court sought information from the Centre and the state government as well as director of Tiger Protection authority that why constitution of the force should not be considered.
The court fixed next date of hearing after three weeks along with a similar petition and in between directed to seek direction from the respondents in the wake of its June one order.
The court also took cognisance of the fact that though order was issued on June one, in between one more tiger had died therefore order to consider constitution of the special force should be implemented strictly and at the earliest otherwise action would be taken against authorities concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing