Andhra Pradesh: Five held for killing a tiger
Hyderabad: Five persons were today arrested for allegedly killing a tiger in Nagarjunasagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve near Mannanur in Andhra Pradesh`s Mahabubnagar district.
Police also recovered its claws from them.
"The wild animal had killed a cow in Mannanur village, after which the carcass of the cow was laced with a poison, allegedly by a shepherd, G Lacha," a senior police officer said.
After consuming the poisoned carcass, the tiger died about two km away from Mannanur on January 16, he said.
Other accused, including Hari Singh and Jyotha Nayak, then stole the tiger`s claws and its whiskers, police said.
"The five persons were arrested during the course of investigation in connection with the case and recovered 17 claws and whiskers from them," the officer said.
According to police, the accused were booked under relevant sections of the Wildlife Protection Act and IPC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?