Animal population registers increase in Erode dist forest
Erode: A three-day wild life census was completed on Sunday evening in the Sathyamangalam and Erode forest areas.
More than 1500 persons, including forest department personnel, students of Bannariamman Institute of Technology, volunteers of a NGO, OSAI of Coimbatore and other wild life enthusiasts participated in the census work.
Forest officials said enumerators have noticed Tigers in Kethesal, Jeerahalli, Gettawady and Bejelatty forest areas.
Movement of elephants was noticed almost in all areas in the Erode and Sathyamangalam forest areas.Other animals like bison, spotted deer, Black Buck (deer) were also noticed.
Officials said they would finalise the list of population of all animals within a day or two, but they said it has increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you