Animal population registers increase in Erode dist forest
Erode: A three-day wild life census was completed on Sunday evening in the Sathyamangalam and Erode forest areas.
More than 1500 persons, including forest department personnel, students of Bannariamman Institute of Technology, volunteers of a NGO, OSAI of Coimbatore and other wild life enthusiasts participated in the census work.
Forest officials said enumerators have noticed Tigers in Kethesal, Jeerahalli, Gettawady and Bejelatty forest areas.
Movement of elephants was noticed almost in all areas in the Erode and Sathyamangalam forest areas.Other animals like bison, spotted deer, Black Buck (deer) were also noticed.
Officials said they would finalise the list of population of all animals within a day or two, but they said it has increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!