Animal population registers increase in Erode dist forest
Erode: A three-day wild life census was completed on Sunday evening in the Sathyamangalam and Erode forest areas.
More than 1500 persons, including forest department personnel, students of Bannariamman Institute of Technology, volunteers of a NGO, OSAI of Coimbatore and other wild life enthusiasts participated in the census work.
Forest officials said enumerators have noticed Tigers in Kethesal, Jeerahalli, Gettawady and Bejelatty forest areas.
Movement of elephants was noticed almost in all areas in the Erode and Sathyamangalam forest areas.Other animals like bison, spotted deer, Black Buck (deer) were also noticed.
Officials said they would finalise the list of population of all animals within a day or two, but they said it has increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days