Another rhino killed in Kaziranga, horn removed
Kaziranga (Assam): A female rhinoceros was found dead with gunshot wounds and its horn removed in the Kaziranga National Park this morning, forest officials said.
The carcass of the adult rhino with horn removed was found near Dhanbari camp under Agratoli range by forest guards, taking the total number of the pachyderms killed this year to 25, the officials said.
There were three bullet injuries on the carcass and three used cartridges of an AK-47 rifle were found from the spot, the officials said.
The forest guards had heard gunshots last night and found the carcass during a search this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death