Army marks environment day with tree plantation drives
Kolkata: The Army which contributes significantly in keeping large tracts of Maidan area in the heart of the city green, today undertook a tree plantation drive at its Ballygunj Military Camp to mark World Environment Day.
Together with volunteers and technicians from Tata Motors, day-long events of awareness were held in the military camp involving school children and army personnel to propagate the need to reduce carbon footprints for a better and pollution free environment.
With army being one of the largest users of motorised vehicles for its operations, special pollution free checks on a large number of military vehicles were undertaken at the workshop by engineers and technicians, officials said.
The Bengal Area of the army is the custodian of large tracts of land in Maidan where they have already undertaken concerted tree plantation drives to sustain greenery.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- UK bows to pressure, will accept Syrian children from Europe
- US presidential election takes shape; Trump, Clinton look all set for final battle
- This is how Jawahar Lal Nehru reacted when asked about rumours of his second marriage
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016