At Earth Summit, Natarajan longs for green food
Rio de Janeiro: Jayanthi Natarajan, India`s environment minister and principal interlocutor at the Earth Summit who is assisting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, it appears, has enough food for thought but little to stomach.
A vegetarian, Natarajan, who has been here since Sunday, has been longing for some good green food, which is not easy to come by in Brazil`s exciting commercial capital where some 90 heads of state and government have converged to address, among other issues, hunger and poverty in a green and sustainable manner.
"You can say India`s environment minister is longing for some good vegetarian food. Not easy," Natarajan told journalists, when asked about personal experiences during her stay in Rio.
"The last thing I want to see on my plate now is pizza and pasta," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends