At Earth Summit, Natarajan longs for green food
Rio de Janeiro: Jayanthi Natarajan, India`s environment minister and principal interlocutor at the Earth Summit who is assisting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, it appears, has enough food for thought but little to stomach.
A vegetarian, Natarajan, who has been here since Sunday, has been longing for some good green food, which is not easy to come by in Brazil`s exciting commercial capital where some 90 heads of state and government have converged to address, among other issues, hunger and poverty in a green and sustainable manner.
"You can say India`s environment minister is longing for some good vegetarian food. Not easy," Natarajan told journalists, when asked about personal experiences during her stay in Rio.
"The last thing I want to see on my plate now is pizza and pasta," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch