At Earth Summit, Natarajan longs for green food
Rio de Janeiro: Jayanthi Natarajan, India`s environment minister and principal interlocutor at the Earth Summit who is assisting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, it appears, has enough food for thought but little to stomach.
A vegetarian, Natarajan, who has been here since Sunday, has been longing for some good green food, which is not easy to come by in Brazil`s exciting commercial capital where some 90 heads of state and government have converged to address, among other issues, hunger and poverty in a green and sustainable manner.
"You can say India`s environment minister is longing for some good vegetarian food. Not easy," Natarajan told journalists, when asked about personal experiences during her stay in Rio.
"The last thing I want to see on my plate now is pizza and pasta," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi