Avalanche warning for Kashmir`s Gurez town
Srinagar: Authorities Monday issued a high danger avalanche warning for Gurez town in north Kashmir`s Bandipora district, where 19 army men were killed in an avalanche last month.
A statement issued here by the divisional disaster management cell Monday evening said: "On the basis of information received from the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE), a high danger avalanche warning has been issued for Gurez and medium danger avalanche warning for Keran, Chowkibal, Tangdhar and Machil areas.
"People living in these snow-bound areas have been advised to take precautionary measures and desist from going in avalanche-prone areas. The warning is valid for the next 24 hours."
Nineteen army men were killed in two avalanches that hit the brigade headquarters of the army in Gurez Feb 23.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!