Badal for low-cost system for cleaning of village ponds
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Thursday stressed upon the need for low-cost eco-friendly technology for the cleaning of village ponds across the state.
During a meeting with environmental expert from Japan Prof Masahisa Nakamura here, the Chief Minister asked for a system that is eco-friendly and cheap, a spokesman said here Thursday.
Prof Nakamura agreed to work out an effective system to redress the pond cleaning issue without using expensive organic compounds.
He said that he would soon come with some cost effective methodology to redress this grave issue across the state.
During the meeting, Badal also reviewed the progress of an ongoing Rs 15.05 crore bio-remedial project for the cleaning of Buddha nullah (drain) at Ludhiana, the spokesman said.
- Bangladesh PM a jihadi sympathizer, says Taslima Nasreen after editor hacked to death
- Anurag Thakur presents private member bill on sports in Lok Sabha, seeks to eliminate doping practices, match fixing
- Modi govt revises EPF interest rate again; hikes it to 8.8%
- If I say I like Pizza will they expunge that too? Asks Subramanian Swamy
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!