Badal for low-cost system for cleaning of village ponds
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Thursday stressed upon the need for low-cost eco-friendly technology for the cleaning of village ponds across the state.
During a meeting with environmental expert from Japan Prof Masahisa Nakamura here, the Chief Minister asked for a system that is eco-friendly and cheap, a spokesman said here Thursday.
Prof Nakamura agreed to work out an effective system to redress the pond cleaning issue without using expensive organic compounds.
He said that he would soon come with some cost effective methodology to redress this grave issue across the state.
During the meeting, Badal also reviewed the progress of an ongoing Rs 15.05 crore bio-remedial project for the cleaning of Buddha nullah (drain) at Ludhiana, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant