Badal for low-cost system for cleaning of village ponds
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Thursday stressed upon the need for low-cost eco-friendly technology for the cleaning of village ponds across the state.
During a meeting with environmental expert from Japan Prof Masahisa Nakamura here, the Chief Minister asked for a system that is eco-friendly and cheap, a spokesman said here Thursday.
Prof Nakamura agreed to work out an effective system to redress the pond cleaning issue without using expensive organic compounds.
He said that he would soon come with some cost effective methodology to redress this grave issue across the state.
During the meeting, Badal also reviewed the progress of an ongoing Rs 15.05 crore bio-remedial project for the cleaning of Buddha nullah (drain) at Ludhiana, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest