Beijing starts releasing key air pollution data
Beijing: Beijing has started releasing hourly readings for key air quality data that are expected to better indicate the extent of the city`s air pollution.
Beijing`s environmental monitoring center began posting PM2.5 readings on its website on Saturday. They measure the amount of particles less than 2.5 micrometers in size that can penetrate deep into the lungs and are believed to pose the greatest risk to health.
It is the first time Beijing has publicly revealed PM2.5 data and follows calls by citizens on social networking sites worried about breathing gray and yellow air. Some people have even begun testing the air themselves around their neighbourhoods.
The hourly readings are taken at one monitoring site in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!