Beijing starts releasing key air pollution data
Beijing: Beijing has started releasing hourly readings for key air quality data that are expected to better indicate the extent of the city`s air pollution.
Beijing`s environmental monitoring center began posting PM2.5 readings on its website on Saturday. They measure the amount of particles less than 2.5 micrometers in size that can penetrate deep into the lungs and are believed to pose the greatest risk to health.
It is the first time Beijing has publicly revealed PM2.5 data and follows calls by citizens on social networking sites worried about breathing gray and yellow air. Some people have even begun testing the air themselves around their neighbourhoods.
The hourly readings are taken at one monitoring site in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical