Bombay HC refuses to stay Environment Ministry order on Lavasa
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court today refused to stay the order of the Ministry of Environment and Forest asking Lavasa Corporation to stop the construction at its township near Pune.
The court, which was hearing the petition filed by Lavasa Corporation challenging the stay of the construction, directed the Ministry to take a final decision on the showcause notice issued to Lavasa by January 10.
The High Court also asked the MoEF or the state-level Environmental Impact Assessment Committee to visit Lavasa before taking the decision.
The court said Lavasa Corporation can challenge the final
decision of MoEF subsequently if it is aggrieved by it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference