Bombay HC refuses to stay Environment Ministry order on Lavasa
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court today refused to stay the order of the Ministry of Environment and Forest asking Lavasa Corporation to stop the construction at its township near Pune.
The court, which was hearing the petition filed by Lavasa Corporation challenging the stay of the construction, directed the Ministry to take a final decision on the showcause notice issued to Lavasa by January 10.
The High Court also asked the MoEF or the state-level Environmental Impact Assessment Committee to visit Lavasa before taking the decision.
The court said Lavasa Corporation can challenge the final
decision of MoEF subsequently if it is aggrieved by it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video