Cabinet approves R&D in water sector
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) Wednesday said research and development programme will continue to find solutions to problems related to water resources.
The CCEA approved an outlay of Rs.360 crore during the 12th Plan (2013-17).
The scheme aims at finding solutions to water related problems due to rapid population growth, urbanization, industrialization and climate change.
It also focuses on improving available technologies to achieve optimal efficiency and economy in planning, design, construction and operation of water resources projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown