Campaign launched to promote Panda conservation
Beijing: China today launched a campaign to promote knowledge and awareness about conservation of giant pandas across the globe.
The Chengdu Panda Base, in partnership with WildAid, has launched the 2012 Global Pambassador campaign, a 3-month competition, in Shanghai.
Under the campaign, 3 panda-lovers who are passionate about protecting the endangered species will be named as "Chengdu Pambassador" for one year.
The selected "Chengdu Pambassador" will be asked to participate in a "Global Panda Conservation Tour" in 2013.
With a new theme "Panda Quest -- Be the next Pambassador," this year`s programme shifts the focus from panda breeding and rehabilitation in captivity to re-introduction into the wild.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth