Campaign launched to promote Panda conservation
Beijing: China today launched a campaign to promote knowledge and awareness about conservation of giant pandas across the globe.
The Chengdu Panda Base, in partnership with WildAid, has launched the 2012 Global Pambassador campaign, a 3-month competition, in Shanghai.
Under the campaign, 3 panda-lovers who are passionate about protecting the endangered species will be named as "Chengdu Pambassador" for one year.
The selected "Chengdu Pambassador" will be asked to participate in a "Global Panda Conservation Tour" in 2013.
With a new theme "Panda Quest -- Be the next Pambassador," this year`s programme shifts the focus from panda breeding and rehabilitation in captivity to re-introduction into the wild.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death