Campaign launched to promote Panda conservation
Beijing: China today launched a campaign to promote knowledge and awareness about conservation of giant pandas across the globe.
The Chengdu Panda Base, in partnership with WildAid, has launched the 2012 Global Pambassador campaign, a 3-month competition, in Shanghai.
Under the campaign, 3 panda-lovers who are passionate about protecting the endangered species will be named as "Chengdu Pambassador" for one year.
The selected "Chengdu Pambassador" will be asked to participate in a "Global Panda Conservation Tour" in 2013.
With a new theme "Panda Quest -- Be the next Pambassador," this year`s programme shifts the focus from panda breeding and rehabilitation in captivity to re-introduction into the wild.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!