Campaign launched to promote Panda conservation
Beijing: China today launched a campaign to promote knowledge and awareness about conservation of giant pandas across the globe.
The Chengdu Panda Base, in partnership with WildAid, has launched the 2012 Global Pambassador campaign, a 3-month competition, in Shanghai.
Under the campaign, 3 panda-lovers who are passionate about protecting the endangered species will be named as "Chengdu Pambassador" for one year.
The selected "Chengdu Pambassador" will be asked to participate in a "Global Panda Conservation Tour" in 2013.
With a new theme "Panda Quest -- Be the next Pambassador," this year`s programme shifts the focus from panda breeding and rehabilitation in captivity to re-introduction into the wild.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!