Campaign launched to promote Panda conservation
Beijing: China today launched a campaign to promote knowledge and awareness about conservation of giant pandas across the globe.
The Chengdu Panda Base, in partnership with WildAid, has launched the 2012 Global Pambassador campaign, a 3-month competition, in Shanghai.
Under the campaign, 3 panda-lovers who are passionate about protecting the endangered species will be named as "Chengdu Pambassador" for one year.
The selected "Chengdu Pambassador" will be asked to participate in a "Global Panda Conservation Tour" in 2013.
With a new theme "Panda Quest -- Be the next Pambassador," this year`s programme shifts the focus from panda breeding and rehabilitation in captivity to re-introduction into the wild.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway