Chicken may break record for world’s tiniest egg
London: A family in UK has claimed that a two-centimetre long egg laid by their pet hen, named Twiglet, could be the smallest in the world.
The tiny egg weighs two grams, and is smaller than a 5p piece.
“It is the tiniest thing but perfectly egg-shaped,” the Sun quoted mum of three, Claire Protheroe, 35, as saying.
“You would need about 100 of them to make a small omelette.
“We have checked and there are other claims for the world record for a tiny chicken’s egg, but we think Twiglet’s is smaller. The children were excited because they thought it was like a chocolate mini-egg but it is even smaller than that.”
Three-year-old Arianna Protheroe, and her siblings Alex, 14, and Emelia, 12, have two chickens at their home in Llabelli, Wales.
And Twiglet is a legbar chicken, which means the eggs she lays are blue.
Guinness World Records lists the smallest recorded chicken egg at 2.7 centimetres.
However in August 2011, a clergyman from West Virginia in the United States claimed to have beaten it with an egg 2.1 centimetres long and weighing 3.46 grams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA