China fossil site in World Heritage list
St. Petersburg: A site containing fossilised remains of 200 prehistoric marine species in China has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage list, Xinhua reported.
The Chengjiang Fossil site, located in southwestern China`s Yunnan province, was declared a World Heritage site at the 36th World Heritage Conference held here Sunday.
So far, 43 sites in China have been included in the list, Xinhua said.
Discovered in 1984, the site covers 512 hectares, and the fossil remains date back to 530 million years ago. Chengjiang throws light on the marine life of Cambrian period.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video