China plans expeditions to Arctic, Antarctic
Beijing: China plans to conduct five research expeditions to Antarctic and another three to the Arctic region from 2011 to 2015, Xinhua reported.
Researchers will focus on monitoring the weather and environment changes in the polar regions, said Qu Tanzhou, director of the Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration (CAA), at seminar in Shanghai Sunday.
Qu said climate change in the polar region, particularly that in the Arctic, will inevitably influence China, and the research would benefit the nation`s adaptation to climate change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'