China plans expeditions to Arctic, Antarctic
Beijing: China plans to conduct five research expeditions to Antarctic and another three to the Arctic region from 2011 to 2015, Xinhua reported.
Researchers will focus on monitoring the weather and environment changes in the polar regions, said Qu Tanzhou, director of the Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration (CAA), at seminar in Shanghai Sunday.
Qu said climate change in the polar region, particularly that in the Arctic, will inevitably influence China, and the research would benefit the nation`s adaptation to climate change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam