China plans expeditions to Arctic, Antarctic
Beijing: China plans to conduct five research expeditions to Antarctic and another three to the Arctic region from 2011 to 2015, Xinhua reported.
Researchers will focus on monitoring the weather and environment changes in the polar regions, said Qu Tanzhou, director of the Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration (CAA), at seminar in Shanghai Sunday.
Qu said climate change in the polar region, particularly that in the Arctic, will inevitably influence China, and the research would benefit the nation`s adaptation to climate change.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan