China plans expeditions to Arctic, Antarctic
Beijing: China plans to conduct five research expeditions to Antarctic and another three to the Arctic region from 2011 to 2015, Xinhua reported.
Researchers will focus on monitoring the weather and environment changes in the polar regions, said Qu Tanzhou, director of the Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration (CAA), at seminar in Shanghai Sunday.
Qu said climate change in the polar region, particularly that in the Arctic, will inevitably influence China, and the research would benefit the nation`s adaptation to climate change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'