China submersible to attempt 7,000-meter dive
Beijing: A Chinese manned deep-sea submersible Sunday left for Mariana Trench, the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean, to attempt a 7,000-meter dive.
Jiaolong, named after a mythical sea dragon and world`s first manned submersible designed to reach such depths, will attempt the feat between mid-June and early July.
It succeeded in diving 5,188 meters in the Pacific Ocean last summer, enabling China to conduct scientific surveys in 70 percent of the world`s seabed, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened