China submersible to attempt 7,000-meter dive
Beijing: A Chinese manned deep-sea submersible Sunday left for Mariana Trench, the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean, to attempt a 7,000-meter dive.
Jiaolong, named after a mythical sea dragon and world`s first manned submersible designed to reach such depths, will attempt the feat between mid-June and early July.
It succeeded in diving 5,188 meters in the Pacific Ocean last summer, enabling China to conduct scientific surveys in 70 percent of the world`s seabed, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"