China submersible to attempt 7,000-meter dive
Beijing: A Chinese manned deep-sea submersible Sunday left for Mariana Trench, the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean, to attempt a 7,000-meter dive.
Jiaolong, named after a mythical sea dragon and world`s first manned submersible designed to reach such depths, will attempt the feat between mid-June and early July.
It succeeded in diving 5,188 meters in the Pacific Ocean last summer, enabling China to conduct scientific surveys in 70 percent of the world`s seabed, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report