China to build polar icebreaker
Beijing: China will build a polar icebreaker that would be capable of shattering ice over 1.5 metres thick, an official said.
The polar icebreaker will have a displacement of 8,000 tonnes, reported Peoples Daily.
The icebreaker would be able to operate in temperatures below -35 degrees Celsius, said Liu Cigui, an official.
It will have helicopters, robots, workboats and other facilities and will have the capability to examine marine environment as well as explore and investigate resources in the polar region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said
- Brexit fears: Asia markets collapse as Britain looks set to leave EU
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Alia Bhatt new BFFs in B-Town? Here's why
- UK markets plunge, sterling eyes biggest ever fall, as EU vote in balance
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha