China to conduct 5th Arctic expedition in 2012
Beijing: China will conduct its fifth Arctic expedition this year, the State Oceanic Administration (SOA) said Monday.
China will enhance cooperation with other countries, including Canada and Iceland, in exploring the Arctic and push forward the implementation of joint research agreements, said Lu Bin, an official with the SOA and deputy to the 11th National People`s Congress.
The country sent its fourth expedition to the Arctic in 2010, Xinhua reported.
This year China plans to finish building the Kunlun station in Antarctica, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!