China to monitor smog impact on health
Beijing: China will build a nation-wide network within three-five years to monitor the impact of air pollution on health, an official said.
A total of 43 monitoring spots will be set up in 16 provinces and municipalities frequently engulfed by smog so as to facilitate research on air pollutants in different regions, the impact on the health of vulnerable groups and the study of related diseases, reported Xinhua quoting Xu Dongqun, an official with the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
With funds allocated by the central government, the study will provide reference for preventive efforts to reduce the particulate pollution (PM) 2.5, Xu said.
China recently issued a 1.75 trillion-yuan ($284.2 billion) plan to tackle the worsening air and pledged to improve air quality within five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir