Climate change can become irreversible in 15 years, if not addressed immediately
Washington: A United Nations ( UN) panel has warned of climate change becoming a great problem nearly impossible to solve in another 15 years, if not seriously addressed.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report has revealed that taking aggressive actions over the next decade is vital as the required technology to control the problem of climate change might not be feasible to create at a large enough scale at that point, the Verge reports.
The report further showed that despite a shift toward cleaner and more efficient energy in wealthier countries, those emissions are being outmatched by the growth of fossil fuels worldwide.
According to the report, major economic and ecological damage will follow in an effort to stop climate change over the coming decade, but it would be far less destructive than what is speculated due to changes in atmosphere.
The current goal is to limit global temperature increases to no more than 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit above preindustrial levels, but it might become difficult to achieve, if high emissions growth isn`t controlled by 2030.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation