Coastal Regulation Zone Act finalized
New Delhi: The Union Ministry for Environment and Forests has finalized the key Coastal Regulation Zone 2011 Act and it will be announced soon.
The Act has been finalized after a series of detailed discussions with various organizations of fishermen throughout the country, a press release issued by the Ministry.
"The suggestions made by these fishermen organizations have been incorporated in the new notification. The most important benefit from CRZ 2011 for fishermen is that a number of development activities, like fishing jetty, fish drying yards, net mending yards, fish processing by traditional methods, boat building yards, ice plants, boat repairs etc
shall be permitted also in the "no-development zone," the statement said.
Further, the "no-development zone" shall be reduced to 100 metres from the high tide line from the existing 200 metres for providing housing for traditional fishing
communities, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information