Community reserve for peacocks to be set up on hill
Tiruparankunram: A community reserve for peacocks is being set up atop a hill here by the district administration in collaboration with the forest department to prevent poaching, officials said.
They said a bio diversity coordination committee meeting called by district collecot Anshul Mishra had proposed the reserve.
The meeting also discussed forming of bio-diversity management committees at the panchayat level. They would be entrusted wtih th job of approving utilisation of the local bio-diversity resources, a release said.
The hill is a habitat for Australian white peacock and the Indian peacock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon