Community reserve for peacocks to be set up on hill
Tiruparankunram: A community reserve for peacocks is being set up atop a hill here by the district administration in collaboration with the forest department to prevent poaching, officials said.
They said a bio diversity coordination committee meeting called by district collecot Anshul Mishra had proposed the reserve.
The meeting also discussed forming of bio-diversity management committees at the panchayat level. They would be entrusted wtih th job of approving utilisation of the local bio-diversity resources, a release said.
The hill is a habitat for Australian white peacock and the Indian peacock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway