Community reserve for peacocks to be set up on hill
Tiruparankunram: A community reserve for peacocks is being set up atop a hill here by the district administration in collaboration with the forest department to prevent poaching, officials said.
They said a bio diversity coordination committee meeting called by district collecot Anshul Mishra had proposed the reserve.
The meeting also discussed forming of bio-diversity management committees at the panchayat level. They would be entrusted wtih th job of approving utilisation of the local bio-diversity resources, a release said.
The hill is a habitat for Australian white peacock and the Indian peacock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended