Community reserve for peacocks to be set up on hill
Tiruparankunram: A community reserve for peacocks is being set up atop a hill here by the district administration in collaboration with the forest department to prevent poaching, officials said.
They said a bio diversity coordination committee meeting called by district collecot Anshul Mishra had proposed the reserve.
The meeting also discussed forming of bio-diversity management committees at the panchayat level. They would be entrusted wtih th job of approving utilisation of the local bio-diversity resources, a release said.
The hill is a habitat for Australian white peacock and the Indian peacock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan