Company of the STPF to protect tigers in Arunachal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh will soon recruit over 100 personnel for a company of the Special Tiger Protection Force to protect big cats from being poached, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki told today said.
The company would be deployed in the Pakke Tiger Reserve in East Kameng district and recurring and non-recurring expenditure for it would be borne by the National Tiger Conservation Authority, he said during a during discussion in the assembly on The Arunachal Pradesh Forest and Special Tiger Protection Forces Bill 2012.
The bill was passed by voice vote.
The STPF would comprise 90 special tiger guards, 18 foresters, three forest range officers and three sub-inspectors of police headed by one assistant conservator of forest or assistant commandant besides other staff.
Tuki said that 70 per cent recruitment for the STPF would be made from East Kameng district and the remaining from neighbouring districts.
He also informed that the state government would propose another STPF company for the Namdapha Tiger Reserve in Changlang district.
Arunachal Pradesh has two tiger reserve covering 9,900 sq km.
Tuki said that the state government had created 288 posts under Forest Protection Force (FPF) for the entire state and recruitment process would start soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Skincare tips for men to get rid of pimples
- Look who's dining together? Navya SPOTTED with Aryan Khan!
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in