Crime branch starts probe into poaching of three tuskers
Bhubaneswar: The Crime Branch of Odisha Police today began investigation into the the alleged poaching of three tuskers in Sambalpur and Bamara forest ranges, official sources said.
A seven-member team of the Crime Branch led by its superintendent of police Rabindranath Mohanty started the probe after the case was handed over to the state`s premier investigation agency.
The Crime Branch sleuths are investigating into the possible involvement of inter-state poaching gangs in these incidents.
Groups of poachers had recently killed three tuskers inside the Sambalpur and Bamra forest ranges and taken away the tusks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC