Dal lake conservation: 51 blocked springs restored
Srinagar: As part of its efforts to restore the pristine glory of Dal Lake, Jammu and Kashmir government has restored 51 blocked springs that feed the water body.
"Of the 57 blocked springs, 51 have been restored so far, while artificial wetlands at Guptganga, Ishber and Habbak are under construction for treatment of sewage," an official spokesman said here today.
A meeting of Lakes and Waterways Development Authority was convened here to review the `save Dal` project, where Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand directed LAWDA to speed up the construction work of Rs 416 crore Rakh-i-Arth project, besides taking steps to rehabilitate the Dal Dwellers who would be dislodged in the process, the spokesman said.
Interacting with the Dal dwellers at the site, Chand assured them of all basic facilities like construction of lanes, drains, availability of potable water and power facilities after the completion of the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death