Delhi government to develop tree canopies
New Delhi: The Delhi government will develop aesthetic tree canopies by various roadsides of the capital to provide shelter to pedestrians, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said here Wednesday.
However, she said the canopies would require proper trimming at regular intervals.
Dikshit announced this while launching a plantation drive in south Delhi`s Golf Links area.
She underlined the need for proper care of the planted saplings to facilitate their growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi
- Assam tribal bodies against grant of ST status to 6 communities
- No bubble in retail loans: SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya on Raghuram Rajan remarks
- Sarkozy announces new presidential bid
- Yuvraj Singh on Duleep Trophy: It's new and exciting challenge for all of us