Delhi government to develop tree canopies
New Delhi: The Delhi government will develop aesthetic tree canopies by various roadsides of the capital to provide shelter to pedestrians, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said here Wednesday.
However, she said the canopies would require proper trimming at regular intervals.
Dikshit announced this while launching a plantation drive in south Delhi`s Golf Links area.
She underlined the need for proper care of the planted saplings to facilitate their growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees