Delhi government to develop tree canopies
New Delhi: The Delhi government will develop aesthetic tree canopies by various roadsides of the capital to provide shelter to pedestrians, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said here Wednesday.
However, she said the canopies would require proper trimming at regular intervals.
Dikshit announced this while launching a plantation drive in south Delhi`s Golf Links area.
She underlined the need for proper care of the planted saplings to facilitate their growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic