Delhi Metro to build eco-friendly stations
New Delhi: All the upcoming Metro stations under the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will be designed and constructed as green buildings, an official said Friday.
A DMRC statement said the green buildings will have specific provisions for the conservation of energy as well as better CO2 saving, water saving and waste management arrangements.
Under the third phase of Metro network expansion, which will be completed by the end of 2016, the DMRC will construct a total of 90 new Metro stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!