Delhi Metro to build eco-friendly stations
New Delhi: All the upcoming Metro stations under the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will be designed and constructed as green buildings, an official said Friday.
A DMRC statement said the green buildings will have specific provisions for the conservation of energy as well as better CO2 saving, water saving and waste management arrangements.
Under the third phase of Metro network expansion, which will be completed by the end of 2016, the DMRC will construct a total of 90 new Metro stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen