Delhi Metro to build eco-friendly stations
New Delhi: All the upcoming Metro stations under the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will be designed and constructed as green buildings, an official said Friday.
A DMRC statement said the green buildings will have specific provisions for the conservation of energy as well as better CO2 saving, water saving and waste management arrangements.
Under the third phase of Metro network expansion, which will be completed by the end of 2016, the DMRC will construct a total of 90 new Metro stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'