Delhi Metro to build eco-friendly stations
New Delhi: All the upcoming Metro stations under the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will be designed and constructed as green buildings, an official said Friday.
A DMRC statement said the green buildings will have specific provisions for the conservation of energy as well as better CO2 saving, water saving and waste management arrangements.
Under the third phase of Metro network expansion, which will be completed by the end of 2016, the DMRC will construct a total of 90 new Metro stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"