Dikshit inaugurates first-of-its kind flower reprocessing unit
New Delhi: A first-of-its kind flower reprocessing unit that ensures zero burning was inaugurated today by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit at Sai Baba temple in Lodhi Road.
The automatic machine while re-processing organic wastes and flowers from religious places produces bi-products like `havan samagri`, `dhoop`, `samidha` and liquid fertiliser apart from curbing river pollution and garbage accumulation.
"The system can re-process large quantum of flowers, hence, ensures zero burning, zero landfill and zero river pollution of organic waste and flowers," an official spokesperson said.
Dikshit complimented the innovation and stated that the Environment Department would explore possibilities of applying the solution in different sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days