Dikshit inaugurates first-of-its kind flower reprocessing unit
New Delhi: A first-of-its kind flower reprocessing unit that ensures zero burning was inaugurated today by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit at Sai Baba temple in Lodhi Road.
The automatic machine while re-processing organic wastes and flowers from religious places produces bi-products like `havan samagri`, `dhoop`, `samidha` and liquid fertiliser apart from curbing river pollution and garbage accumulation.
"The system can re-process large quantum of flowers, hence, ensures zero burning, zero landfill and zero river pollution of organic waste and flowers," an official spokesperson said.
Dikshit complimented the innovation and stated that the Environment Department would explore possibilities of applying the solution in different sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack