Dinosaur fossil discovered in China
Beijing: Fossilized bones of a dinosaur have been discovered in China`s Inner Mongolia region.
The Bayan Nur city officials have invited experts to study the remains found by local herdsmen in Bayan Manduhu, land resource official Liang Chunxi said.
Dinosaur fossils were also found earlier by paleontologists at the same site.
An area of 3,200 hectares in the region has been recognized as a nature reserve since 2003, after hundreds of dinosaur remains were discovered, Xinhua reported.
The rock formation that dates back 75 to 120 million years is considered one of the world`s richest reserves for dinosaur fossils.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader