Dinosaur fossil discovered in China
Beijing: Fossilized bones of a dinosaur have been discovered in China`s Inner Mongolia region.
The Bayan Nur city officials have invited experts to study the remains found by local herdsmen in Bayan Manduhu, land resource official Liang Chunxi said.
Dinosaur fossils were also found earlier by paleontologists at the same site.
An area of 3,200 hectares in the region has been recognized as a nature reserve since 2003, after hundreds of dinosaur remains were discovered, Xinhua reported.
The rock formation that dates back 75 to 120 million years is considered one of the world`s richest reserves for dinosaur fossils.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India