Dolphin population increases in Chilika Lake
Bhubaneswar: With a recent census
finding 12 more Irrawaddy dolphins in Orissa`s Chilika lake,
the amphibians` population is on the rise in the lagoon,
official sources said Thursday.
As many as 158 dolphins were found in the lake
indicating a nine per cent increase in population in
comparison to the 2008 census, they said.
Of the total 158 dolphins, 129 are adults and 29
others are juveniles, including neonates.
While 86 were counted in the outer channel, 72 others
in the central and the southern sector of the lake.
To monitor the status and population dynamics of
Irrawaddy dolphin in Chilika, annual population estimation
is carried out during February by the Chilika Development
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?