Dubai Airports reduce 72,000 tonnes CO2 emissions
Dubai: Conservation efforts by the Dubai Airports have helped reduce Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions by 72,793 tonnes.
Apart from environmental dividends, the Dubai Airports` efforts have also yielded financial benefits as the organisation has managed to save 131.9 million gallons of water and achieved AED 15.9 million (about $4.5 million) in fuel savings.
The organisation Wednesday reported the results of 2011 energy and fuel saving initiatives.
"We take our environmental responsibility very seriously and as we step up efforts to limit our footprint, it`s becoming increasingly clear that green business is good business," said Dubai Airports CEO Paul Griffiths.
Dubai International is an efficient global hub whose two largest airlines Emirates and flydubai have young, fuel-efficient fleets featuring the latest aircraft technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan