Dubai Airports reduce 72,000 tonnes CO2 emissions
Dubai: Conservation efforts by the Dubai Airports have helped reduce Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions by 72,793 tonnes.
Apart from environmental dividends, the Dubai Airports` efforts have also yielded financial benefits as the organisation has managed to save 131.9 million gallons of water and achieved AED 15.9 million (about $4.5 million) in fuel savings.
The organisation Wednesday reported the results of 2011 energy and fuel saving initiatives.
"We take our environmental responsibility very seriously and as we step up efforts to limit our footprint, it`s becoming increasingly clear that green business is good business," said Dubai Airports CEO Paul Griffiths.
Dubai International is an efficient global hub whose two largest airlines Emirates and flydubai have young, fuel-efficient fleets featuring the latest aircraft technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says