Dubai to have Quran-theme park next year
Dubai: Aiming to highlight the `miracles` of the Quran, Dubai authorities are building a theme park that will have 51 of the total 54 plants cited in the holy book.
The 158-acre holy Quran park, which is expected to be completed by September next year, is in the third and final stage of its construction.
"The plants mentioned in Quran are 54 items that include fig, pomegranate, olive, corn, leek, garlic, onion, lentil, barley, wheat, ginger, pumpkin, watermelon, tamarind, seder, vineyards, bananas, cucumbers, basil ..Etc. Planting of total 31 items of these plants are already completed," Director of General Projects Department,Mohamed Noor Mashroom said.
"And the remaining 20 items will be planted in the third stage, while three plants are not available on the earth," he said.
The first stage of levelling was done using the construction wastes and other reusable waste materials, saving USD 3.2 million of the total estimated cost of USD 7 million.
In the second stage, planting of 32 hectors and other facilities have been finished. A glass building will accommodate 15 plant items, besides others being planted in different gardens.
"The area allocated for the miracles of Quran will include an air conditioned tunnel to show miracles and stories of the Holy book. A lake in the middle of the park will give a look and real feeling of an oasis surrounded by fascinating trees and sands for the visitors," Mashroom said.
The project was announced during the 1000th meeting of the technical committee of Dubai Municipality, held in the beginning of 2013 and is estimated to cost USD 7 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'