Dubai to observe World Migratory Bird Day
Dubai: The environment department of the Dubai Municipality in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will mark World Migratory Bird Day May 12-13.
This year`s theme is "Migratory Birds and People: Together through Time". The day was first observed in 2006.
The World Migratory Bird Day is a global initiative devoted to celebrating migratory birds and for promoting actions for their conservation worldwide.
It is being organised by the Secretariats of the African-Eurasian Migratory Water Bird Agreement (AEWA) and the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS) -- two international wildlife treaties administered by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections