Dubai to observe World Migratory Bird Day
Dubai: The environment department of the Dubai Municipality in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will mark World Migratory Bird Day May 12-13.
This year`s theme is "Migratory Birds and People: Together through Time". The day was first observed in 2006.
The World Migratory Bird Day is a global initiative devoted to celebrating migratory birds and for promoting actions for their conservation worldwide.
It is being organised by the Secretariats of the African-Eurasian Migratory Water Bird Agreement (AEWA) and the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS) -- two international wildlife treaties administered by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents