Easter Island statues have bodies!
London: Archaeologists have discovered that the famous Pacific isle statues have bodies buried beneath them.
Two of the six-ton giants have been excavated in a bid to probe their history.
“Our excavations exposed the torsos of two seven-metre tall statues. Easter Island statues have bodies,” the Sun quoted group leader Jo Anne Van Tilburg as saying.
The heads, built by ancient Polynesian people, have puzzled scientists since the 1700s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth