Eco cottages to tap tourism potential of Wayanad
Kalpetta (Kerala): With an aim to tap tourism
potential of the picturesque region of Muthanga`s wild life
sanctury in Wayanad district, state Tourism Department has
built six eco cottages.
The cottages were built under the Muthanga Eco Tourism
project and were expected to woo nature enthusiasts, official
The old forest Inspection Bungalow and elephant feeding
centre have been renovated as part of the project. The
inspection bungalow with two double rooms has been recently
opened for tourists at a tarrif rate of Rs 400 a day.
Bamboo was the main raw material used in the construction
of the aluminium roofed cottages hut, each costing nearly 1.75
lakh, V K Sreevalsan, Warden of the Wayanad Wldlife Sanctury,
The huts were modelled like a traditional tribal dwelling
with a bedroom, a verandah and an attached bath room, he said.
Trenches were dug around the cottages to ward of any
possible attacks from wild animals, he said.
The area had been facing inadequate accommodation
facilities as hundreds of tourists visit here every year to
enjoy wildlife safari.
Moreover, authorities were planning to utilise the
dormitory facility of the sanctury that could accommodate
nearly 40 persons, Sreevalsan said adding that the eco
cottages would be formally opened shortly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic