Elephant calf rescued in Assam
Morigaon: A female elephant calf, which fell into a ditch and hurt herself at Amolighat in Assam`s has been rescued by local people and sent for treatment to the Kaziranga National Park.
The calf was rescued from a ditch near Sitajakhala temple with rope by the people on Saturday, Forest Department sources said today.
The baby elephant, which was injured by the fall, was handed over to the Forest Department and sent to the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation at the Kaziranga National Park for medical attention, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy