Elephant calf rescued in Assam
Morigaon: A female elephant calf, which fell into a ditch and hurt herself at Amolighat in Assam`s has been rescued by local people and sent for treatment to the Kaziranga National Park.
The calf was rescued from a ditch near Sitajakhala temple with rope by the people on Saturday, Forest Department sources said today.
The baby elephant, which was injured by the fall, was handed over to the Forest Department and sent to the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation at the Kaziranga National Park for medical attention, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'