Elephant carcass found in Odisha forest
Berhampur (Odisha): An elephant carcass was found near Khairaputi village in Gallery forest range in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
"The old elephant, found dead yesterday, was suspected to have died due to electrocution. The cause could be known after post-mortem," Divisional forest officer, Ghumusar (North) B B Behera said.
This was the third elephant which died in the area in a month.
A female elephant was found dead at Chakraghati jungle in Tarsingi forest range in the district on February 23.
Similarly the carcass of a two-month-old elephant calf was found by the forest staffs at Pochulundi in Muzagarh forest range about a month ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh