Elephant carcass found in Odisha forest
Berhampur (Odisha): An elephant carcass was found near Khairaputi village in Gallery forest range in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
"The old elephant, found dead yesterday, was suspected to have died due to electrocution. The cause could be known after post-mortem," Divisional forest officer, Ghumusar (North) B B Behera said.
This was the third elephant which died in the area in a month.
A female elephant was found dead at Chakraghati jungle in Tarsingi forest range in the district on February 23.
Similarly the carcass of a two-month-old elephant calf was found by the forest staffs at Pochulundi in Muzagarh forest range about a month ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter