Elephant falls sick in severe heat
Bankura (WB): An adult female elephant today fell sick near Barjora forest of Bankura district due to the intense heat that has been sweeping the area, sources said.
The wild elephant was found lying with a fever of 102.4 degree Fahrenheit on a field at Bhairuppur village in the district.
Veterinarian Dr Sanjay Seet, who is treating the sick animal, said, "The elephant coming from Dalma forest in nearby Jharkhand was sick due to severe heat."
"It is being administered intravenous saline and medicine in the field and its temperature has gone down to 101 degree Fahrenheit," he said.
Villagers informed the forest department officials after finding the tusker being dragged by other members of its herd, Range officer of Sangrampur forest Piyush Kanti Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore