Elephant falls sick in severe heat
Bankura (WB): An adult female elephant today fell sick near Barjora forest of Bankura district due to the intense heat that has been sweeping the area, sources said.
The wild elephant was found lying with a fever of 102.4 degree Fahrenheit on a field at Bhairuppur village in the district.
Veterinarian Dr Sanjay Seet, who is treating the sick animal, said, "The elephant coming from Dalma forest in nearby Jharkhand was sick due to severe heat."
"It is being administered intravenous saline and medicine in the field and its temperature has gone down to 101 degree Fahrenheit," he said.
Villagers informed the forest department officials after finding the tusker being dragged by other members of its herd, Range officer of Sangrampur forest Piyush Kanti Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!