Elephant falls sick in severe heat
Bankura (WB): An adult female elephant today fell sick near Barjora forest of Bankura district due to the intense heat that has been sweeping the area, sources said.
The wild elephant was found lying with a fever of 102.4 degree Fahrenheit on a field at Bhairuppur village in the district.
Veterinarian Dr Sanjay Seet, who is treating the sick animal, said, "The elephant coming from Dalma forest in nearby Jharkhand was sick due to severe heat."
"It is being administered intravenous saline and medicine in the field and its temperature has gone down to 101 degree Fahrenheit," he said.
Villagers informed the forest department officials after finding the tusker being dragged by other members of its herd, Range officer of Sangrampur forest Piyush Kanti Ghosh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane