Elephant falls sick in severe heat
Bankura (WB): An adult female elephant today fell sick near Barjora forest of Bankura district due to the intense heat that has been sweeping the area, sources said.
The wild elephant was found lying with a fever of 102.4 degree Fahrenheit on a field at Bhairuppur village in the district.
Veterinarian Dr Sanjay Seet, who is treating the sick animal, said, "The elephant coming from Dalma forest in nearby Jharkhand was sick due to severe heat."
"It is being administered intravenous saline and medicine in the field and its temperature has gone down to 101 degree Fahrenheit," he said.
Villagers informed the forest department officials after finding the tusker being dragged by other members of its herd, Range officer of Sangrampur forest Piyush Kanti Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`