Elephant stuck in pit in Kaziranga, critical
Kaziranga (Assam): A female elephant was Tuesday seriously injured when she got stuck in a deep muddy pit in Kaziranga National Park.
The elephant was grazing with other members of the herd near the Boishamari camp in northern side of Kohora range when she got stuck in the pit, Park officials said.
The animal fell down, broke her hip and could not make any further movement.
She was suffering from pain and the other members of the herd tried to pull her out, the officials said.
The elephant was crying in pain and patrolling park employees informed veterinarians who reached the spot and injected pain killers and medicines.
Veterinarians attending on her said her health condition was deteriorating and it was difficult to move her out of the pit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog