Elephant stuck in pit in Kaziranga, critical
Kaziranga (Assam): A female elephant was Tuesday seriously injured when she got stuck in a deep muddy pit in Kaziranga National Park.
The elephant was grazing with other members of the herd near the Boishamari camp in northern side of Kohora range when she got stuck in the pit, Park officials said.
The animal fell down, broke her hip and could not make any further movement.
She was suffering from pain and the other members of the herd tried to pull her out, the officials said.
The elephant was crying in pain and patrolling park employees informed veterinarians who reached the spot and injected pain killers and medicines.
Veterinarians attending on her said her health condition was deteriorating and it was difficult to move her out of the pit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena