Elephant stuck in pit in Kaziranga, critical
Kaziranga (Assam): A female elephant was Tuesday seriously injured when she got stuck in a deep muddy pit in Kaziranga National Park.
The elephant was grazing with other members of the herd near the Boishamari camp in northern side of Kohora range when she got stuck in the pit, Park officials said.
The animal fell down, broke her hip and could not make any further movement.
She was suffering from pain and the other members of the herd tried to pull her out, the officials said.
The elephant was crying in pain and patrolling park employees informed veterinarians who reached the spot and injected pain killers and medicines.
Veterinarians attending on her said her health condition was deteriorating and it was difficult to move her out of the pit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred