Elephant stuck in pit in Kaziranga, critical
Kaziranga (Assam): A female elephant was Tuesday seriously injured when she got stuck in a deep muddy pit in Kaziranga National Park.
The elephant was grazing with other members of the herd near the Boishamari camp in northern side of Kohora range when she got stuck in the pit, Park officials said.
The animal fell down, broke her hip and could not make any further movement.
She was suffering from pain and the other members of the herd tried to pull her out, the officials said.
The elephant was crying in pain and patrolling park employees informed veterinarians who reached the spot and injected pain killers and medicines.
Veterinarians attending on her said her health condition was deteriorating and it was difficult to move her out of the pit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks