Environment Ministry launches portal on biodiversity
New Delhi: The environment ministry Tuesday launched a web portal to provide information about the vast biodiversity of the country.
The Indian Biodiversity Information System (IBIS) has been developed by the Foundation and Ecology Security, Gujarat.
To start with, all available data on birds of India has been collated and digitised under `Avian Information System`.
In the coming months, IBIS will expand to build similar portals on mammals, reptiles, amphibians and flora.
The interactive portal uses open-source interface and will help the users to contribute data to the portal that would be periodically reviewed by experts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi