Environment Ministry launches portal on biodiversity
New Delhi: The environment ministry Tuesday launched a web portal to provide information about the vast biodiversity of the country.
The Indian Biodiversity Information System (IBIS) has been developed by the Foundation and Ecology Security, Gujarat.
To start with, all available data on birds of India has been collated and digitised under `Avian Information System`.
In the coming months, IBIS will expand to build similar portals on mammals, reptiles, amphibians and flora.
The interactive portal uses open-source interface and will help the users to contribute data to the portal that would be periodically reviewed by experts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!