Evidence of tigers` presence found in Madhav national park
Bhopal: Evidence indicating the presence of two tigers were found in and around Madhav National Park in Shivpuri district here, forest officials said on Sunday.
They, however, ruled out the possibility of tigers sneaking in and around Madhav Park from Ranthambore Tiger Reserve of Rajasthan, close to the western Madhya Pradesh.
"We are 101 percent sure of two tigers presence in and around the park spread over 375 sq km, for last couple of months" Park Director, Alok Kumar told reporters.
"We have collected data of pug-marks and kills of the tigers," he said adding that "some forest officials too have seen the big cat some three months back".
The Park officials are trying to photograph these tigers, Kumar said.
He said that it will be too early for them to say whether it was a pair of tiger, adding that they are going to carry out a study on the pug-marks before coming to a conclusion.
About the possibility of tigers entering Madhya Pradesh from Rajasthan, Kumar said that Ranthambore Reserve officials had come down to their park few months ago and after studying the pug-marks confirmed that they are not from across the border.
The Ranthambore Reserve has a wide collection of data related to tigers including pug marks on the basis of which they identify whether the animal belongs to their park or not.
He said that the tigers might have come from the nearby jungles as Madhav National Park has a good habitat including herbivorous population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi