Female elephant caught in slush saved
Erode: A 10-year-old female elephant trapped in slush in a water tank in Kadambur forest area has been saved after 24 hours, forest officials said.
They said the elephant along with its mother and other pachyderms had gone to the slush filled tank on Sunday morning to quench their thirst. The pachyderm got trapped and could not come up even after the other elephants tried in vain to push it up.
On information forest officials rushed to the spot, drove away the other elephants and tried to lift it up but to no avail. This morning they noticed its mother standing in the area and soon leaving the spot. The officials immediatley brought in an earth mover, managed to tie the animal with some ropes with help from villagers and pulled it up.
They later fed the elephant glucose mixed water and fruits. Officials said the pachyderm was tired and slowly recovering and would leave for the forsest by night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Myanmar holds unique position in India's neighbourhood, says PM Narendra Modi
- Bangladesh's Tamim Iqbal out for a month with fractured finger, to miss ODI series vs Afghanistan
- GST will make consumer goods cheaper, boost jobs: CBEC
- Bangladesh to host first ODI series against Afghanistan
- PM Narendra Modi hand in glove with power discoms: Arvind Kejriwal