Five tiger cubs die in Odisha`s Nandankanan zoo
Bhubaneswar: Five tiger cubs born three days ago died Friday in Odisha`s famed Nandankanan zoo, an official said.
The cubs, including one that was white, were born Tuesday night at the zoo from the mating of Royal Bengal tiger pair Roshan and Priyanka.
"All the five cubs were found dead in the enclosure," Kamal Purohit, a senior zoo official said. The cubs died because of their "mother`s neglect", he said.
The population of tigers in the zoo, located on the outskirts of state capital Bhubaneswar, is 24 of which 10 are white.
Nandankanan zoo is spread over an area of 425 hectares. It houses over 1,200 wild animals and offers a white tiger safari, the first of its kind in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj