Five tiger cubs die in Odisha`s Nandankanan zoo
Bhubaneswar: Five tiger cubs born three days ago died Friday in Odisha`s famed Nandankanan zoo, an official said.
The cubs, including one that was white, were born Tuesday night at the zoo from the mating of Royal Bengal tiger pair Roshan and Priyanka.
"All the five cubs were found dead in the enclosure," Kamal Purohit, a senior zoo official said. The cubs died because of their "mother`s neglect", he said.
The population of tigers in the zoo, located on the outskirts of state capital Bhubaneswar, is 24 of which 10 are white.
Nandankanan zoo is spread over an area of 425 hectares. It houses over 1,200 wild animals and offers a white tiger safari, the first of its kind in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border