Five tiger cubs die in Odisha`s Nandankanan zoo
Bhubaneswar: Five tiger cubs born three days ago died Friday in Odisha`s famed Nandankanan zoo, an official said.
The cubs, including one that was white, were born Tuesday night at the zoo from the mating of Royal Bengal tiger pair Roshan and Priyanka.
"All the five cubs were found dead in the enclosure," Kamal Purohit, a senior zoo official said. The cubs died because of their "mother`s neglect", he said.
The population of tigers in the zoo, located on the outskirts of state capital Bhubaneswar, is 24 of which 10 are white.
Nandankanan zoo is spread over an area of 425 hectares. It houses over 1,200 wild animals and offers a white tiger safari, the first of its kind in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race