Five tiger cubs die in Odisha`s Nandankanan zoo
Bhubaneswar: Five tiger cubs born three days ago died Friday in Odisha`s famed Nandankanan zoo, an official said.
The cubs, including one that was white, were born Tuesday night at the zoo from the mating of Royal Bengal tiger pair Roshan and Priyanka.
"All the five cubs were found dead in the enclosure," Kamal Purohit, a senior zoo official said. The cubs died because of their "mother`s neglect", he said.
The population of tigers in the zoo, located on the outskirts of state capital Bhubaneswar, is 24 of which 10 are white.
Nandankanan zoo is spread over an area of 425 hectares. It houses over 1,200 wild animals and offers a white tiger safari, the first of its kind in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India