Forest dept to undertake green cover expansion: Nitish
Patna: The forest department will take up green cover expansion programme in Bihar apart from regulatory works to attain the target of 15 per cent forest cover in Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said today.
In addition to regulatory works, the forest department would take up green cover expansion programme and plant sapling in the forest and open areas to take up the forest cover of the state to 15 per cent over of its land mass over the next five years, Kumar said at a function.
Besides the forest department, the agriculture, rural development and rural works departments too would take part in plantation of saplings under the green mission programme.
The chief minister said the funds under the MGNREGA would be used to carry out green mission programme in Bihar.
He said the green programme would be undertaken in a coordinated manner and the specific place of plantation, the type of sapling and the person planting a tree or sapling would be decided before hand under the MGNREGA.
Stressing on eco-friendly agriculture development, he said modern technologies and bio-fertilizers would be used in cultivation of farm produces.
The state would be a leader in ushering in a rainbow revolution in the country, the chief minister said.
Speaking on the occasion, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said no development would be allowed at the cost of environment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Class Act! Footballer John Obi Mikel donates USD 30,000 to Nigeria's team for Rio Olympics
- Clinton accepts Democratic White House nomination in defining speech
- AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS TIP! Is this the fastest way to lose fat overnight?- Watch
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together